What is Hail?
Hail is formed when updrafts in thunderstorms carry raindrops into extremely cold upper-level atmospheres, causing the raindrops to freeze into ice pellets. These ice pellets are then repeatedly cycled up and down within the storm cloud, growing larger with each cycle, until they become heavy enough to fall to the ground as hailstones.
Colorado’s Front Range, which includes cities like Denver, Boulder, and Colorado Springs, is particularly prone to hailstorms. Hailstones in this region can range in size from small pellets to larger, golf ball-sized or even softball-sized hailstones. These severe hailstorms can cause significant damage to vehicles, buildings, crops, and other property.
When such incidents occur, it is important to address the issue promptly to ensure the safety and functionality of your vehicle.
What to do when your vehicle auto glass is damaged by hail?
- Assess the damage: Evaluate the extent of the damage to your vehicle’s glass. If it’s a minor chip or crack, you may be able to temporarily cover it to prevent further damage. However, if the glass is severely shattered or compromised, it’s best to avoid driving the vehicle until it’s repaired.
- Contact your insurance company: Check your auto insurance policy to determine if it covers hail damage. If it does, contact your insurance company to report the incident and initiate a claim. They will guide you through the process and provide instructions on how to proceed. Bear in mind that windshields broken by hail are covered by your comprehensive policy, and Jiffy Auto Glass USA is a preferred in-network provider for all major insurance companies.
- Get Repairs: Seek professional auto glass repair or replacement like Jiffy Auto Glass USA to assess the damage accurately and perform the necessary repairs or replacements to ensure the safety and integrity of your vehicle.
- Schedule an appointment: Contact Jiffy Auto Glass USA at (303) 876-0999 to schedule an appointment. We offer free mobile service, meaning we come to your location to assess and repair the damage. This can be convenient if your vehicle is not drivable due to the hail damage, or if you’d like to have the auto glass replaced from your home or place of work.
- Follow post-repair instructions: After the auto glass repair or replacement is complete, the technician will provide you with instructions on how to care for the newly installed glass. Follow these instructions carefully to ensure optimal results and longevity.
Get a quote with Jiffy Auto Glass Repair for your vehicle hail damage today.
Remember, it’s crucial to address hail damage to your auto glass promptly. Ignoring or delaying repairs can lead to further damage or compromise the safety of your vehicle!