Auto Glass Features and Safety: What You Need to Know
When it comes to auto glass, your vehicle's windshield isn't just a piece of glass; it's equipped with various features designed to enhance your driving experience and safety. In this comprehensive guide, we'll explore the common auto glass features that might be found in your vehicle and shed light on the importance of auto glass safety. Whether you're looking to identify the features in your car's windshield or understand the crucial role it plays in your safety, you've come to the right place.
Auto Glass Features:
What Does Your Vehicle Have?
Your vehicle’s windshield can be equipped with a range of features that enhance its functionality and your driving experience. Let’s take a closer look at some of these features:
- A rain sensor system detects rain on your windshield and automatically activates the wipers.
- Look for a square panel on the front windshield near the rearview mirror.
- It ensures clear visibility in rainy conditions.
Heated Wiper Park Area:
- The heated wiper park area prevents freezing and slush accumulation at the base of the windshield.
- Thin heated tracks ensure effective de-icing.
- Many vehicles offer a button inside to activate this feature.
Windshield Third Visor Frit:
- This black dotted section on your windshield helps keep the sun out of your eyes while using fold-down visors.
- It enhances your driving comfort, especially in bright sunlight.
- A strip of darker tinted glass at the top of the windshield.
- It protects your eyes from the sun’s glare and can extend along the entire windshield.
- Not all vehicles have this feature.
- The rearview mirror automatically dims in response to light from behind the car.
- Reduces nighttime glare for safer driving.
Heads Up Display (HUD):
- Projects important data onto the windshield, so you can keep your eyes on the road.
- Stay informed without taking your eyes off the driving.
Lane Departure Warning System:
- Alerts you when you change lanes without signaling.
- Relies on a camera attached to the windshield for its function.
Blind Spot Monitoring:
- Sensors on side view mirrors detect objects in your blind spot.
- Provides a visual alert to enhance safety during lane changes.
Solar Windshield Glass:
- Allows sunlight to pass through while reflecting heat and energy.
- Keeps the interior cool and protects against interior fading.
Most vehicles come with a variety of windshield options, with some having a surprising number of choices. For example, 2014-2017 Jeep Cherokees offer 23 different windshield options! Jiffy Auto Glass technicians are well-equipped to install windshields with all these auto glass features.
If you have any questions or need assistance in identifying and utilizing these features, don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our auto glass specialists at (303)-876-0999 in Colorado.
Auto Glass Safety: Protecting You on the Road
Your vehicle’s windshield isn’t just about features; it plays a critical role in your safety on the road. Here are some important auto glass safety facts:
- Your windshield keeps you inside the vehicle during a car accident, which is the safest place to be.
- It supports the proper deployment of passenger side airbags, ensuring your safety during a collision.
- During a rollover accident, the windshield prevents the roof from collapsing and injuring the car’s occupants.
- Up to 70% of your car’s structural integrity during a rollover is provided by the windshield.